Monday, November 12, 2012

Love In All Its Forms...


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's been 14 days since Sandy hit. She left many areas devastated and people looking for some semblance of normalcy. My family and I haven't had heat, hot water or electricity for 14 days. My usual complaints of slow internet access and dropped calls have been replaced by complaints of incessant cold and the inability to take showers. My first world issues have become null compared to my newfound third world issues. In all this I have experienced a compassion incomparable to any I've witnessed before. Complete strangers have descended upon my neighborhood and brought all the resources they could muster with them. Blankets, food, candles, warming stations, information, and comfort are being provided. I often write of finding love...well I've found it in Brooklyn among throngs of selfless volunteers. Thank You...


3 comments:

Karelyn said...

Wow, I absolutely LOVE this post. It's been so difficult for you guys and I pray that soon and VERY soon normalcy will come. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

LOVE,
~Karelyn

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. I forgot you were based in NY. God Bless

Onleilove said...

Be encouraged and my prayers are with you, if you need to get away just give me a call. I have nominated you for the Inspiring Blogger Award and Beautiful Blogger Award because I love your blog. To share this little bit of blogging kindness: 1. Display the award image on your blog. 2. Link back to the person who nominated you. 3. State 7 things about yourself. 4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and link to their sites. 5. Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link to the post.
http://wholeness4all.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/spreading-the-love