Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Guess What? I've been nominated for the Beautiful Blog and Very Inspiring Blogger Awards by fellow blogger Onleilove who encourages physical, spiritual and emotional wholenesss. Please check out this phenomenal woman's blog.
7 Things About Dream aka Me:
1. I am a sensitive. Someone who feels deeply, passionately, and excessively at times. It'my gift and my curse.
2. I LOVE to dance, particularly to reggae music...it's the thing that makes my spirit smile.
3. Loving unconditionally and without attachment is my life's goal.
4. Serving others makes me happy :-)
5. Spending time with my loved ones provides a joy unparalleled.
6. I spend a lot of time reading and researching...Yes, I'm an undercover nerd.
7. I want my life's work to include travel, writing, and encouraging others.
I am nominating the following blogs for the Beautiful Blog and Very Inspiring Blogger Awards:
1. Wholeness 4 Love
2. Spirituality is Reality
3. Kellz Korner
4. Single Girl in a Couple's World!
Thanks For Reading!!!
Monday, November 12, 2012
It's been 14 days since Sandy hit. She left many areas devastated and people looking for some semblance of normalcy. My family and I haven't had heat, hot water or electricity for 14 days. My usual complaints of slow internet access and dropped calls have been replaced by complaints of incessant cold and the inability to take showers. My first world issues have become null compared to my newfound third world issues. In all this I have experienced a compassion incomparable to any I've witnessed before. Complete strangers have descended upon my neighborhood and brought all the resources they could muster with them. Blankets, food, candles, warming stations, information, and comfort are being provided. I often write of finding love...well I've found it in Brooklyn among throngs of selfless volunteers. Thank You...