Wednesday, September 12, 2012

♥ WHAT LESSON IS LOVE TRYING TO TEACH YOU? ♥





 
 
 
 
I experienced that feeling called love again recently. It completely blindsided me, swooped down, took hold of me and ascended to the heavens. At times it felt so good and frightened me so bad. We can learn a lot from love. It teaches us how to be selfless, how to compromise & how to accept the flaws that we each possess. It teaches more than we know. My recent glimpse of love was a lesson in itself.

It shined a light on my fear of intimacy. For someone who writes weekly about wanting to be in a relationship it’s ridiculous how afraid I am of baring my soul. And isn’t that what love is? Opening up and letting someone see you in your totality. Letting them see the light and the dark that resides within.

A long time ago I noticed that even though people love you they won’t always have your best interests in mind. It was then that I made the conscious decision to guard my heart. It’s no surprise that this defense mechanism has followed me into present day relationships. So now when I feel threatened (in love) I am tempted to run and sometimes do. This my dears is no way to live. Antiquated worries have no place in my present reality. I have come to the realization that love & fear cannot occupy the same space simultaneously. (Defense mechanisms are born of fear.) Therefore it’s time to choose one or the other. I choose love.

Readers, what lesson is love trying to teach you?
 
 
 
 
 To continue the discussion join the Not-so-Patiently Waiting...
& Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DayDream217
 

2 comments:

Andre Daughtry said...

Love is definitely trying to teach me more patience, understanding and empathy.

Anonymous said...

Matchmaker Paul C. Bruson says you have to be fearless to love and vulnerable (which I am working on). I also have to work on my fear of commitment as much as I want a relationship fear is still a issue in several areas.