Thursday, August 23, 2012

Why You Can't Trust Your FEELINGS...




Source: www.bbleo.com




I was in a very amorous mood. I couldn’t help but think of him and what it would be like to be his woman. “He’s hardworking, responsible, and loyal” I thought to myself. We would make a great combination. Fast forward about 24 hours and here I am pondering how difficult it would be to build a union with this man. “He has too much going on in his life.” “I don’t wanna deal with all his mess”. “It’s probably best if I fall back.”

In the span of 24 hours I went from feeling excited about us to feeling unsure as to whether I should pursue things further. It occurred to me right then that feelings can’t be trusted (not all the time anyway). From moment to moment they can change. We can go from loving someone to hating them in the blink of an eye. This happens to lovers all the time. You see them hugged up and hear them profess their love for one another…a few months later they’re over it. It’s as if love never happened. Feelings are a part of the human experience, we can’t change that (nor should we want to). However, we must be aware of how easily feelings can shift. True love should not dissipate rapidly. Nor should it become hate overnight. People will disappoint and annoy you but even in the midst of all that... love should remain love. I refuse to see love as a feeling and instead look at it as a state of mind. I choose to love, even when my feelings suggest that I shouldn’t.

Feelings can be helpful but they can also be deceptive. Monitor them and don’t let them dictate your life.
Praying That Your Love Is On Its Way...
To continue the discussion join the Not-so-Patiently Waiting...
& Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DayDream217

3 comments:

Wholeness4All said...

Wow I came to this late but loved it and I agree Love should be seen as an action and choice and not an emotion. I nominated you for another blogging award The Liebster Award:
http://wholeness4all.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/the-liebster-award/#more-1420 Love You!

Anonymous said...

exactly the words I needed to hear. Assisting a person confused by her feelings and Love. To me they are two different things too.

Dream said...

Thanks so much for reading!