Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Letter To My (Future) Wife- A Man's Perspective...







Patience was never one of my virtues, positive attributes or even a want. I wanted what I wanted and I got what I wanted whenever I felt like I needed it. But I was wrong. No one before you was anywhere near what I was looking for, just women I had happened to find along the way to discovering you. It took more time than I was willing to give to understand that I wasn't ready for you when love had found my friends; and though I thought I was the best man out of all of them, I was the best man for all of them. Their wedding days made me wish I had known you sooner. Their corny nights at home made me want to trade my nights on the town for a storm to hold you through in bed. While my hopes sat on the shelf I pursued you until nothing was left but the hope-less romantic trying to see my life as half-full... That is...until I found you. My imaginings of you were nothing like the teenage fantasies I had conjured up. Had you marked in some shade of awesome with curves like the meanest chicanes and eyes the color of spring in full bloom under a new moon. Wanted to tell you the secret lightning bugs had shed light upon while I waited through the night for you to appear. My want for a woman, a companion, was superseded by the belief that perfection could only be personified when my eyes were ready to see the big picture. You- are the one that I've been waiting for. With soft kisses to your chin and my hand in your hair, my love has been waiting for you to change the tune from these celibacy blues to something upbeat, brilliant, and new. I said I would never settle just to settle down and by the way your hand fits in mine and you smile when I do, I know that what I wanted before meeting you wasn't anything close to rational. Who would have ever believed that waiting was worth it?  Those that have found what we have already know. My forever is caught in your eyes and grows in your womb. I know this is love, because I can hear you thinking about me. I can feel your heartbeat when I hold your hand, and every love song I hear makes me want to love you even more than I thought I previously could. Where have you been all my life? That's right.... I wasn't ready for you. Yet my nights will never be lonely and my days will always be bright because when I find you, for real, I know you'll glow when we touch and time will stop when we kiss. Not-so-patiently waiting? No. More like perfecting my life for your immaculate timing.
Love you for who you are-, and who you will be to me.
Ms. Umuch.

- Stacey L. Moor





Ladies Your Man is Much Closer Than You Think!




To continue the discussion join the Not-so-Patiently Waiting...
Facebook Page at  https://www.facebook.com/groups/206747639372967/
& Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DayDream217 
Also, please help me spread the word & find my Sister a Kidney by joining & sharing this page 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazingly beautiful understanding of ordered reality. Your future wife has a true gift when she finds you!
~Sh' Moore

Chryssey said...

This is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

"I know this is love, because I can hear you thinking about me".........

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That line was EVERYTHING!!!!!

Tieirra said...

Wow! I thank God for this... I needed to hear this :) #thank you!