Monday, February 6, 2012

Random Thought: Why I love NOT dating...






So my break from dating is going fabulously. It’s like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m no longer constantly analyzing the words or actions of some guy I’m getting to know, simply because it doesn’t matter. I’m no longer doing anything except enjoying a man’s company, conversation & personality. I love it!

Getting to know a man without the pressure of forming a romantic relationship provides a freedom I never thought imaginable. How many times has a fun relationship been ruined because a man wasn’t moving at our “love pace”? How many times has a fun relationship been ruined because we were scrutinizing him to see if he was the “one”? The ability to get to know a man without all the extra crap is a blessing. It lifts this cloud of expectation & provides a deeper understanding of who he is as an individual. In contrast, while dating, getting to know a man/woman is often overlooked when sexual attraction & interaction come into play.

I have my days where I'm tempted to return to my old pattern of dating (and the frustration it brings). I have days when I want to make out and do some heavy petting but I’ll pass ;-) 
I am no longer interested in a temporary fix but require a permanent solution.



Remember Ladies, Your Man is Closer Than You Think.... 



To continue the discussion join the Not-so-Patiently Waiting...
Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/206747639372967/
& Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DayDream217

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many times has a fun relationship been ruined because a man wasn’t moving at our “love pace”? How many times has a fun relationship been ruined because we were scrutinizing him to see if he was the “one”?

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!


In my defense I will say I was cool with us getting to know each other and taking things slow (it has been YEARS since I actually was interested in somebody) but I wasn't cool with us NEVER seeing each other when we lived 15-20mins away yet we talked on the phone 3-4x a wk for HOURS it made no sense for me I let the 1st mth slide because we were both out of town every wkend..month 2 I let slide because he made a comment he was different and had his own "dating" rules/flow (yes pls join me in the *sideye*) by month 3 I was like WTH and by month 4 I made a snarky comment we met up he addressed said snarky comment and things went down hill from there. I told him I was ok with the slow road I wasn't trying to rush into anything shoot I am scared of love and relationships although that is what I desire but come on dude it is NOT normal to never want to see a person you claim you are interested in and are getting to know. We are still friends and talk/text from time to time I enjoy his convo. and he had alot of traits I look for in a mate. I just felt he was sending mixed signals but he swears he wasnt/didnt.

SN - He finally admitted he wasn't ready to settle down and he knew I was although I never once said such he said he could tell in our convos and based on my age. I was like dude thats ALL you had to say vs trying to make me think I am crazy when it came to us ever seeing each other that was NOT normal and he was never going to convince me otherwise lol

Dream said...

Aggravating to say the least Anon, it's behavior like this that has encouraged me to just stop. Dating has become a game of sorts, it's no longer a means to an end, it just is.

I no longer want to play this game, so I won't.