Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Heartbreak Hotel...


 


In the past, heartbreak was the formula I adhered to. I would go from one damaged man to another hoping to gain a lifelong commitment. Needless to say that didn't work. I sought out damaged men because I myself was damaged. But I'm so grateful that I've developed the strength to break away from that vicious cycle. 

I was reminded of my past relationship blunders by an old journal I found tucked away recently. At the age of 24 I was sick & tired of heartbreak and had lost all faith in love. Yet, I was also amazingly self-aware and able to pinpoint the part I played in each failed union.

Father God, I thank you for granting me wisdom, discernment, and a strong sense of self awareness. If not for these gifts I would still be an unhappy mess who lets men determine my mood & worth. 
Thank You!!!



Praise God I no longer frequent the Heartbreak Hotel :-) 
Rest Well Whitney Houston


And Remember Dolls Your Man is Closer Than You Think...


To continue the discussion join the Not-so-Patiently Waiting...
Facebook Page at  https://www.facebook.com/groups/206747639372967/
& Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DayDream217

No comments: