Thursday, November 17, 2011

Random Thought: Sex...


This weeks RT was sparked by a discussion on the Not-so-Patiently Waiting... Facebook Page. One of the members is practicing Abstinence and was asking for tips/encouraging stories on how to stay strong. Most members noted that keeping busy and prayer were the keys to staying Abstinent. The only words of encouragement I had for her were "God Speed & Good Luck".

For the past year and 3 months I have abstained from sex and it has been one of the toughest experiences of my life. Abstinence is nothing new to me. I practiced it in College as well. One would think that I would've gotten used to it by now. But I haven't. Actually, it sucks!

Growing up in church I was taught that it is wrong to have premarital sex. One of the scriptures used to justify this is "But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion." 1 Corinthians 7:9

The scripture makes perfect sense right? If I lack self-control in that area I should get married. But then the question becomes whom should I marry. Should I have married one of the men who loved me but weren't a good fit for me? Should I marry one of the guys standing on the corner outside my building? I'm told it is better to marry then to burn with passion. Oh if it were that simple.

My Prayer:
Father I want to do those things that are pleasing to you. If it pleases you that I be married instead of burning with passion (because I'm hot enough to MELT) please send my husband. I need him. Thank You & Amen!

Remember Dolls Your Man is Closer Than You Think...  :-)

To continue the discussion join the Not-so-Patiently Waiting... Facebook Page @https://www.facebook.com/groups/206747639372967/ and Scroll Down to Follow (Join) This Site!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am an older women who don't have sex. Since I cannot have it as often as I would like I find other things to do with my time. However, I am not young anymore but even if I were I would not feel right about just sexing up someone because I am feeling horny.

Anonymous said...

I know all about celibacy far to well and I have prayed that same prayer and I even say I would rather marry than burn but x yrs later no hubby in sight.....

Anonymous said...

A mans perspective:
As a divorced man practicing celibacy for two and a half years, encouragement is always reinforced after refusing to "go along" with a situation I consider not ideal. Knowing what to avoid is tough when talking celibacy.
One must be an optimist, or deal with "what if I waited"

Dream said...

It's not natural for a 30-somethin year old to go for long periods of time without intimacy. I know this is not the way it's supposed to be.

Thanx for your responses! I guess the only thing we can do is practice patience.

Anonymous said...

@Dream Why do you say its not natural? Also, have you ever met a Christian who felt fornication wasn't a sin based on the breakdown of the word and the context of the scriptures?

Dream said...

Hey Anon, I say it's not natural because I truly believe God didn't intend this for women or men in their sexual prime. That's why he created marriage.
I have not heard any Christian say fornication isn't a sin. But then people interpret the scripture in different ways all the time.

Anonymous said...

I'm 18 and burning with passion. I don't think I will last long and will end up fornicating.
It's true, all women deserve intimacy, and sexual satisfaction. Going without it can be very frustrating.