Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Random Thought: I'm Not Good Enough For You

I listened quietly as my then boyfriend declared once again "I'm not good enough for you. You're a beautiful woman who has everything going for you and I...". He went on to finish this statement with a list of shortcomings related to his looks, financial standing, etc. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't convince this man that he was good enough for me. Eventually, I realized that he wasn't.

If a guy tells you he's not good enough for you, believe him. He's probably telling the truth.




Ladies, Your Man is Closer Than You Think!



Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to join (follow) this site & to continue the conversation join the Not-so-Patiently Waiting... Facebook Page.

5 comments:

Just me: A beautiful disaster! said...

As much as I hated it at the time, all of my exes have said it too...and your right it's true! Hopefully you'll find someone that it!

Kellz Korner said...

You are soooooooooooooooooooo dead on! Just 2 days ago My then boo confess this to me... and like you I tried to convince him thats not true. That was then this is NOW after reading this blog maybe He's right...N im not surprise that the very things he wish he did more had no immediately improvement! And I admitted to him that Ive been dating ... Im going to a ball next weekend in NC so maybe ill Meet my prince there!... Even thooooooooooooooooooo IM SO not looking ...great post :-)

Anonymous said...

Interesting post..I think at times I am the one who feels "not good enough" but I am working on that. I randomly had a good therapy session today with my BFF that helped alot.

Dream said...

Thanx for the feedback ladies! I've often heard that men use comments like this as a cop out. They may feel it's easier to say I'm not good enough for you" than "I'm over this relationship. So we also have to recognize that this could be complete BS. Either way it computes to him not being good enough for you (that is if your are a good woman, cause let's face it, some aren't)

Dream said...

Kellz, I hope you do meet your prince ;-)