Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy "Single" Holidays...


Holidays as special as they are can often exacerbate feelings of loneliness.  How often between now and Christmas will we turn on the television and see commercials about a man getting his woman a gift from Zales or Lexus. How often will we see advertisements suggesting that we should purchase the new Elmo toy for our son's and daughter's? 

In spite of what the media portrays there are scores of single women who will be celebrating & enjoying this holiday season without spouses or children.

Honestly I am a bit disappointed that I will be spending yet another holiday without him. But what am I to do; sit at home and sulk? That won't be happening. I will enjoy this Christmas season surrounded by love and God's blessings.

I know there is someone reading this who is upset that another year has passed and he/she is still single. I know that you are feeling hopeless and frustrated that God hasn't changed your situation. Embrace those feelings but also remain faithful that the Creator of the Universe is determined to give you the desires of your heart. It's not easy but we can get through it together :-) 

Don't despair, Don't lose hope...Your man is closer than you think!

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4


To continue the discussion join the Not-so-Patiently Waiting... Facebook Page at  https://www.facebook.com/groups/206747639372967/ & Please Scroll Down to Join (Follow) this Blog! 

2 comments:

Kellz Korner said...

You know what... I was feeling this way and was about to prepare myself yet another year to be Happily single and loving myself. But the joys of your family should be enough even though its not. I loved that scripture

Anonymous said...

Great post and life truly goes on and I thank God for my friends and fam (as long as they aren't asking me "are you STILL single" lol) I am just glad to see another holiday season. I will just continue to prepare myself for the holiday season where I am boo'd up and in love!!