Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Men... like roaches when the lights come on...

If you've read any of my other postings you know how hopeful I am that the right man is coming.  I've learned that staying positive is one of the best ways to get what you want.  But even with that said I have some bad days.  Days where I want to be positive but my circumstances cry out to me saying "There's No Hope, Just resign yourself to being alone".  Boy do those days suck royally!

I had one of these days recently.  There's a young man whom I have know for a long time, who has professed his love for me & even spoken of us getting married.  However, I've noticed that after we have one of these VERY serious conversations there will be no follow up.  Here's an example of a conversation we had a short time ago. He Says "You know I love you, we should get married today."  She says "I would actually love to be courted first if that's okay with you."  He says "That's the best part, let's do it."  She says "I'm here and I'm single, so let's get it started."  The conversation (which took place entirely on IM, because that's the only way men like to communicate now) ends and I must admit that a certain excitement sets in.  But then something very interesting and aggravating happens, Nothing.  He does nothing.  Ok, so I decide that he wasn't serious after all.  This makes absolutely no sense to me because I know in another few weeks he'll be professing his undying love for me Again.

Let's call this other dude Exhibit B!  He treats me like a queen when we're together.  One day recently he asks (via text of course) if I am still interested in being a wife and mother.  It was a pretty random question so I asked why he wanted to know.  He says "That's a conversation we should have in person."  Hmmm okay, I like that.  But, and you know there's always a But, the next time I see him we don't have any sort of conversation related to that topic.  And I refuse to remind him of what he said.

So here I am wondering why men who are sooooooo in love with me freeze up when its time to move forward.  It actually reminds me of how roaches freeze when the kitchen light comes on.  Why go so HARD if you're not ready to go any further.  Don't tell me you love me, and don't speak to me about marriage if you're not ready to take it to the next level.

It's extremely confusing to me.  Do men want us to pursue them?  Or do they just say what they think you want to hear, and that's why it never goes any further?

I don't know what it is but I refuse to give up hope.  Father God please send my husband sooner then later so I won't have to deal with this stupidity.  Amen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They either freeze or scatter! Yuk!

Anonymous said...

I so feel you on this one...I have been going through the same cycle for the past two years and have finally decided to get over being told sweet nothings...I want a real man who is ready to maek a real committment...thanks for saying what has been on my mind for months!

Anonymous said...

Men thrive on getting a reaction out of women. That unfortunately includes telling them things they think they want to hear. It's the immature side of them