Monday, May 23, 2011

He's Not Your Husband, He's Just a Time-Filler.......

I felt it coming on.  This feeling I get about every six months.  This longing to be touched and complimented by a nice young man.  A sister can't go without the presence of masculine energy forever.  And forever is exactly what six months feels like for a celibate woman at her sexual peak.  As I walked down the street with my girlfriend I turned to her and exclaimed, "I feel it coming girl.  When I get lonely I tend to mess with dudes I have no business messing with (i.e. losers, liars, womanizers)."  Guys that wouldn't normally stand a chance become contenders in the race for my affections.  At the age of 30-something I should know better right?  Well, at least now I see the pattern emerging before it happens.  The statement I made to my friend was prophetic because shortly thereafter I was caught up in a whirlwind of emotion with a man who is definitely not my match.
Ladies we've all done it!  Remember that time you were in between boyfriends, horny & bored to death, and you ended up messing with you know who? Or that time your best guy friend and you got too close in the middle of the night?  Yeah I've been there and done that. And boy what a mistake it was each time.  But we have no time for regrets or pity parties. 
The bottom line is there are sooooo many single women who want to be in relationships but are somehow missing the mark.  As a result desperation and loneliness set in causing them to lower their standards significantly.  Ladies, these men I speak of are Time Fillers.  Some call them frogs.  They are simply here to keep you company, kiss and compliment you until the man of dreams hits the scene.  Then the Time-Fillers will be just a distant memory.  So when you think of your time filler and begin to feel like a moron for even entertaining him, get over it!  Your man is coming girl and so is mine :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Times fillers sound about right...basted men!

Anonymous said...

In order to embrace any type of potential husband, these Time Fillers need to be non-existent! God and the universe needs to know that your mind space is cleary committed to your future husband, not caught up in the mind games.

Anonymous said...

Until we can get rid of the "I'll give it to him" girl we can never expect a man to even consider a serious relationship. We women need to focus more on self-respect then on false self-gratification. We want a man and so we accept one saying we can change him or make him love us. However, we know when a man is not committed we just choose not to see. Women must raise the bar on what to accept from a man. Until we do that continue making space for time-fillers and frogs.

Anonymous said...

I dont have any time fillers I havent ever been one to waste time. When I say single I mean single I been single in every sense of the word for years not even a good HOT date but it is what it is. I dont like to date just to date if I go out with you there has to be an interest/attraction I can buy my own meal I havent ever been good at faking the funk. The lonely blues come and go but I am usre to them now.